Wayne Austin IFA Manchester
About the company
Wayne Austin IFA Ltd is a truly Independent Financial Advisory Service with offices in Cheshire and Manchester (Warrington and Altrincham), regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
As Independent Financial Advisers, we conduct business across a broad spectrum of areas. We consistently treat each client as an individual and make bespoke recommendations that suit the client's financial objectives because we understand that no two clients or sets of circumstances or expectations are alike.
Wayne Austin is the Principal of the business and has been giving financial advice for over 21 years with the past twelve years spent as an IFA providing independent financial advice and consultancy services to both individuals and many large blue chip companies.
The business is structured in a way that is financially sustainable and not totally reliant purely on new sales. The nature of our structure means we can offer superior service and we retain our clients for the longer term, something many other companies cannot do.
Our commitment to service
We believe financial planning is a journey over a period of time and that any financial decision or solution must take account of changing circumstances and therefore be flexible. As a company, we offer an annual programme of meetings to ensure that each client's financial affairs are kept under constant review.
Fee based advice
We can be paid in a variety of ways: fees deducted from your investments monthly retainer or one off payments. We offer an initial consultation without charge and agree with you how to proceed.
- Initially we will assess your current financial circumstances. By doing so, this helps build a picture of your financial objectives and attitude to risk. No timescales are placed on consultations as each individual's circumstances are unique.
- We research the available information from all leading financial services providers and make clear and concise recommendations appropriate to your specific needs. During this part of the process and before arriving at any specific recommendation, the key considerations are tax efficiency, accessibility, attitude to risk, flexibility and, of course, client objectives.
- A further meeting is then arranged at which time we will present our findings and recommendations and why we think they are suitable to your needs. A detailed report will be provided as to what we think is appropriate and specific to your needs and this will be backed up by information provided by the relevant companies selected.
Our Approach to Investments & Pensions
- Our approach to investments is based on experience and research. This has shown that the most significant factor in total returns is the asset allocation within the investment portfolio. Asset allocation is the amount of capital contributed into various asset classes such as shares, bonds, property, cash, etc. Because asset allocation plays a vital role in potentially enhancing any capital returns, it should be carefully considered in the light of the individual investor's tolerance of risk.
- With all portfolios, it is essential they are flexible so that investments can be altered to suit your future changing needs. For this reason, and because no one investment house performs well across all asset classes, we often recommend a selection of funds and the most suitable fund manager for each asset class.
Offshore investment for both companies and individuals has become more popular as of late because of the lower corporation tax levied on offshore investment funds and the potentially higher returns. This is a favoured investment route for many individuals who can benefit from the tax advantages of deferred income within Life Bonds. Offshore investments are often used in conjunction with Inheritance Tax mitigation as they allow structured trusts and income for life.
Inheritance Tax planning
Inheritance tax has recently become a much debated topic for many families, with more and more families looking for solutions to avoid this tax on their beneficiaries. We offer various solutions to mitigating IHT, including both onshore and offshore recommendations.
Pension planning is a hugely important investment decision which everyone needs to make, however it is often one that is made for and on behalf of people and may not necessarily be the best option for that individual. As a company, we treat pensions as we do investments, using the same principles of spreading investment across many fund managers and asset classes. Our experience shows many individuals currently contribute to pensions, or have “paid-up” policies, which do not provide value for money or offer the growth potential of multi-fund providers.
We are a professional and committed IFA company who are here to serve our clients' short-term, medium-term and long-term needs. If you think we can be of help then please do not hesitate contact us.